4636 / 365000
Today was really the worst kind of writing day, because the ideas were there, but the will to actually write was completely missing. Sure, I sat in the library and had my laptop open playing music, and had my journal open and the pen did scratch against the paper from time to time, but in the two hours I spent in the library I think I spent a good twenty minutes actually writing. And it wasn’t continuous. It was twenty scattered minutes.
What I did instead of writing:
- Tried to get my Bluetooth mouse to sync to my laptop
- Chatted with a friend on Facebook about an old RP line we used to have
- Downloaded a Facebook Messenger client for my computer
- Hunted for Pokémon
- Played “The Simpsons: Tapped Out”
- Played “Kim Kardashian Hollywood”
- Checked all five of my emails
And then I sat down and wrote… some. But now there’s a rumbly in my tumbly and I think it’s time to go grocery shopping.